Tuesday, April 17, 2007

rediscovery as a continued theme

So back in London after two weeks away I'm feeling fresh and energised....i spent the first of my weeks on holiday in Scotland and the second of my weeks working at Spring Harvest (t-in-the-park for Christians) in Skegness. Last week at Springy i began to long for London and my work...i longed for the kids, the families and my workmates. The festival is filled with inspiring christian speakers and i really enjoyed the input as a way of recharging my batteries. However, it also brought me back to a place i had been before. A place where i felt overloaded with input and not being able to transfer that into output. So now back in London i feel really keen to work on. I feel a sense of direction that i haven't felt for a while. It's almost as if i re-discovered why i want to work with people and why i chose to follow this path to fight social justice (i don't think i ever lost it but you know....rediscovered direction)

It was encouraging to work with young people at Springy who were really hungry to change the world. It reminded me of what it was like to be 18 and just realising for the first time that life outside of education was a wealth of opportunities to have a practical influence on the world....anyway I'm writing this during working hours and i don't consider it work so i should stop. I think I've RE-realised that it's important to have a focus in your work. I feel really passionate about a lot of things but i want to have a clarity throughout my social action....i like seeing people fulfil their potential and it disappoints me when people aren't aware of the opportunities available to them...

3 comments:

Lins said...

Good for you, Andy. Good for you. You are making a difference, have no doubt.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely encouragement from Lins. I hope it's the social INjustice that you want to challenge and promote the justice!

That Hideous Man said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere..... I was wondering where you had got to! Good to hear from you again.