Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A football Oasis

This is the eventual tournament winners, the guy pointing is the one that i pushed! Read on to find out about my alter ego - Vinny



I'm the one smiling looking like a real swell guy.... however on the football pitch i'm an animal


Last week I had the opportunity to represent Oasis in a charity football tournament. It went well. We got put out from our group by the team that went on to win it. We then got put into the Loser's tournament which we won.... Although the losers cup victory was sweet the tournamnent will be remembered by my teammates for other events surrounding me. In the match with the team that went onto win the tournament i got involved in a bit of scuffle where i was fouled and then the guy complained to the ref so i pushed him in the back. Then straight after i tackled another player and he pushed me and i shouted at him.... we both got sent off for two minutes! I eventually came back on and scored one of the best goals of my life. It was so good that the people watching round the side of the pitch applauded and i became an instant 'fans favourite'.... the way i kicked opponents and scored wonderful goals made for total entertainment. Funny thing was that prior to that game i had lectured one of my fifteen year old team mates on controlling his temper (the guy attends our football programme so technically i'm his youth worker). I've always considered role modelling very important so when i got sent off in front of him i ruined all the stuff i had said to him earlier. It's interesting that they now respect me more for getting sent off than they did before..... figure that out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE A BEAST. I HAVE FIGURED THAT ONE OUT...

See you on Friday, sex machine...

Anonymous said...

"St Andrew of Oasis"
or
"The Butcher of Waterloo?"

Will the real Mr Nelson, please stand up?!