Wednesday, March 14, 2007

carrier bags and sunny days

Aw man the weather was so good here today.....

Because the weather was so good i decided to walk into Oxford Circus on my lunch break to visit the borders book store there. I got completely lost on the way but thankfully ended up in Oxford Circus without really thinking i was going the right way. Once in the book store i purchased the magazine i was looking for and made for the exit. Outside the store i was again welcomed by the warm sunshine and i decided to walk back to work instead of taking the tube (the buses were all held up by protests today. Something about spending 70billion on our nuclear submarines...).

Again i managed to get lost on the way home but thankfully ended up at millennium bridge and i enjoyed the walk home along south bank. In the sun London really comes to life and your greeted with such a diverse group of people all enjoying themselves. On one park i saw homeless people enjoying the sun alongside people who were not homeless (i rather liked this). It was nice to arrive back to work and find people sitting on the steps outside and i had a great conversation with a disabled guy I've got to know really well....I walked back in the coffee shop entrance to find Oasis officials chatting about the future and felt good when they took time to say hello to me.....i felt a spring in my step as i walked through the coffee shop back to my office, smiling at all the customers.

Once back in the office Sam my team mate asked me if I'd been using ink. I asserted that i hadn't and then he asked why i had black ink all over the side of my face. I looked at my hands and found that all the print from the 'borders' bag had come off in my hand so when i touched my face it had transferred......not the best look i feel!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a retard! Nothing happened to you today, apart from you saw some homeless people, went to borders, smiled at some customers and then had an inky face. Post something good - ink face!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous - I have to challenge you on your use of the word 'retard'. Not a good choice of language and you may like to take time to find out why - 'inky man' will put you right.

That Hideous Man said...

Wot no photo of the 'inky -man'?